ABOUT YOUR APPOINTMENT
HOW IT WORKS
- Appointments are generally scheduled for 45-minute sessions once per week or at a frequency that meets your unique needs.
- We strive to be respectful of your time and we ask that you extend us the same courtesy.
- Please plan to arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment so that you can update any insurance information or forms.
- New patients should plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment time in order to complete new patient forms and insurance paperwork.
- Cancellations require a 24 hour notice in order to avoid being charged.
- INITIAL PHONE INFORMATION: You will be asked to provide some initial information over the telephone to help us evaluate if ALTA is your best treatment option.
- FIRST SESSION: You may then be scheduled for an initial evaluation session which provides an opportunity for you to build rapport with the therapist and provide them with some background about yourself and the reasons you is seeking counseling. In addition, the therapist will be able to answer your questions regarding services, confidentiality and what to expect in therapy. If we decide that it is in your best interest to move forward working with the therapist, you will decide on a mutually-agreed upon time for your therapy sessions.
- SECOND SESSION: You will work with your therapist to set goals for future therapy sessions and then begin working toward achieving them together.
- We accept both Medicaid and Medicare. Our office also offers competitive pricing for self-pay patients. Please contact our office for additional details.
- We also accept private insurance. Please contact our office for the most up-to-date list of health plans accepted at 240-801-9818.
- ALTA currently bills Medicaid, Medicare or private insurance on the client’s behalf. We handle all of the prior authorization requests and billing paperwork to enable our clients simply focus on getting well. In some cases, Medicare might require the client to pay 20% of the cost of service but we make sure to inform the client of this prior to their appointment.
- For out-of-pocket clients, we accept only cash, credit card, and check.