Home Health Care - FAQs
A: At ALTA Healthcare, costs typically range from $24-$28/hour. There is no upfront deposit for care, no additional charges for night and weekend care, no administrative coordinating fee, and no service cancellation fee. Live-in care is available for $350 to &400/day.
A: Yes! We are available and working for you 24/7/365.
A: We work together with you to find a solution for your unique family situation and that is why we have a FlexChoice program, which means, you only pay for what you need.Care can be arranged for just a few hours a day up to 24 hours a day. There is no long-term obligation. People who try home care experience such positive changes in their life and in the life of their loved one that they often choose to receive services long term.
A: All Caregivers are at a minimum, Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) and must have at least 2 years of experience to even be considered for the screening process. They go through a rigorous screening process, including a thorough evaluation of practical and interpersonal skills, competency testing, reference checks, background checks, and much more.
A: ALTA Healthcare Services has helped many families by providing access to Caregivers who provide the following:
- Activities of Daily Living: Bathing, dressing, personal hygiene, meal preparation, feeding, toileting, continence care, transferring, and lifting.
- Mobility Assistance: Range of motion exercises, assistance with walking, and turning/positioning in bed.
- Companionship: Engaging in activities and hobbies, keeping the body and mind stimulated, medication reminders, and encouraging independence.
- Support Services: Linens, laundry, light housekeeping, shopping and errands, accompanying and transporting to/from appointments.
- Medication administration: Certified Medication Technicians administer prescribed medications under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Skilled Nursing: Medication management, diabetes management, tube feeding, wound care, injections, and ostomy care.
- Specialized Care including: Alzheimer’s Disease/Dementia, Parkinson’s Disease, Cancer, Hospice and Palliative Care, Pneumonia, Diabetes, Heart Disease and Heart Attack, Stroke, Depression. We also have Certified Medication Technicians (CMTs) for medication administration needs and Nurses (LPNs and RNs) for more skilled needs like wound care, injections, and more.
A: We serve clients of all ages and individuals with disabilities.
Please call us to talk through your specific situation.
A: Depending on your insurance, we will submit the necessary claim documentation to your LTCI carrier, bill and receive reimbursement from them directly, or assist you with the documentation so that you don’t ever have to think about paperwork.